AT THE TIME OF RESERVATION…
Yes in some countries (not in Italy for example). It is important to verify the insurance and coverages offered by your credit card or personal insurance. If you subscribe to a basic plan without insurance, it is your responsibility to inform you about the procedures and coverages in the event of an accident, damage, or theft at your destination to your insurance organizations.
Yes depending of the country and the lessor’s conditions. It is important to know that there are two types of one way with a rental car: domestic and international. One of the conditions of returning a rental vehicle to a different location is a compulsory charge known as a one-way fee or "drop-off fee." This varies in price depending on the rental car company's rate for a prearranged drop-off at a domestic or international location.
Travelers as young as 18 can rent vehicles in most European countries. Some suppliers do restrict certain car classes or may charge a young driver fee to drivers under 21 or even under 25. If you are under the age of 25 and looking to rent a car in Europe, contact us to know the lessor’s conditions of your destination. Be careful, our main partner Europcar do not have a maximum age limit, but this policy may vary between rental agencies and from country to country.
Most of the reservations are confirmed within 30 minutes after making the reservation on our website (on business hours). Depending on the car category chosen, you may need to allow us 12 to 48 business hours before receiving the car rental confirmation from our booking agents.
Eurocar TT as well as the rental company cannot guarantee the brand or model of the rental vehicle you will receive locally. At the time of reservation, the client will have to select a car category. These categories are based on the number of passengers and the amount of luggage. The name of the vehicle indicated on the prepaid voucher and on the website is an indicative and cannot be confirmed. We recommend the Citroën Short-Term Leasing program if you are looking for a specific car.
In most European countries, travelers from Canada or United States looking to drive a rental car in Europe will have no problem picking up a rental car with their national license. However, some countries do require drivers from North America to possess an International Driving Permit. We recommend all travelers acquire an IDP prior to traveling to Europe. An international driver’s permit can be purchased from CAA, AAA or the AATA.
Not through us. Eurocar TT only accepts credit card as form of payment at the time of reservation and most car rental suppliers require a valid credit card in the primary driver’s name in order to pick up a rental vehicle.
BEFORE PICKING-UP YOUR CAR…
To pick up your rental you will need a reservation voucher from Eurocar TT, this voucher will be emailed to you when your reservation is confirmed by the lessor and the full payment is applied to your reservation. This prepaid voucher will contain specific information needed by the car rental supplier at time of pick up. You will also need to provide an identity document, your driving license (international in addition depending on the country), one or two credit cards depending on the rented category vehicle.
- Important, arrive on time. According to the reserved time listed on your voucher, the representative will wait for no more than 30 minutes, if the grace period is exceeded, the lessor can offer the vehicle to another customer.
- If for any reason the category of vehicle reserved by the customer is not available at the time of pick-up, the rental company will offer another vehicle of similar category - or higher if no similar vehicle is available. Customers do not have to pay for this upgrade.
- Make sure you understand any extra charges from the rental company. Additional insurances relating to deductibles and other guarantees such as glass and tires damage, luggage, personal insurance (PAI), additional roadside assistance (...) will be proposed and may be purchase at the time of delivery. It is important to note that once these assurances are accepted, no refund will be accepted.
- Get instructions on how to operate the vehicle (turning headlights and windshield wipers on/off, etc.)
- Inspect the car and address any existing damages to the employee and be sure it’s mentions on the rental agreement that you’ve signed.
- Take photos of the vehicle interior (dashboard and fuel level) and the exterior’s (windows, body or any scratches) for your records.
Regardless of the insurance plan reserved, a security deposit will be taken from the cardholder's credit card during the entire rental period. This amount may vary depending on the rental company and the country visited.
In the event of an accident in a rental car or theft, you are required to inform the local supplier and the local authorities about the accident within 24 hours. It is, of course, best to inform the supplier immediately so that they can help you arrange roadside assistance.
BEFORE RETURNING YOUR CAR...
- Return no later than the reserved drop-off time listed on your voucher. Early returns are authorized, but make sure the office will be open if returning early.
- Make sure you have filled the tank and keep the receipt.
- Tidy up the vehicle to avoid cleaning charges and make sure you have removed all personal items (the lessor is not responsible for lost property at the time of return).
- Obtain final invoice for your records and keep the rental agreement signed by you and the employee.
- Make sure an employee of the car rental company signs off that you returned the vehicle without damages.
- Inspect the car and take photos of the vehicle for your records. The interior (dashboard and fuel level) and exterior (windows and body).